To get the best results out of your home brews, our professional training team have created a series of guides for our favourite methods, so you can achieve delicious balance in your cup, and continue enjoying great coffee at home.
Sage Barista Pro is a fantastic home espresso machine, which we're proud to champion at Origin. It offers barista-quality performance with a new intuitive interface that provides all the information you need to create café quality coffee at home. The built-in grinder delivers the right amount of ground coffee on demand, for full flavour. With a 3 second heat-up time and precise espresso extraction, you go from bean to cup, faster than ever before.
Grind size: fine
Water temperature: 92-96℃
Coffee to water ratio: 18:36g (1:2)
- Place group handle on scales and tare (zero)
- Dose 18g of freshly ground coffee into the handle and distribute the coffee evenly in the basket
- With the edge of the handle on the counter, firmly tamp straight down into the basket
- Clean the rim of the handle with your hand making sure there is no loose coffee outside of the basket
- Purge the group head and insert handle into the machine firmly
- Press the double shot button and start your timer
- Extract the espresso in 28-32 seconds
- If the espresso extracts shorter than 28 seconds, the coffee is too coarse. Adjust the grind size to make the coffee finer
- If the espresso extracts longer than 32 seconds, the coffee is too fine. Adjust the grind size to make the coffee coarser
- Between each grind adjustment, grind off some coffee to ensure all the coffee is the new desired size
- Repeat steps 1-10 until you achieve a 28-32 second extraction time.
To keep your machine in really good condition and your coffee tasting at its best, it is essential that you fully clean your machine daily. A well-kept machine will reduce servicing costs and ensure your machine will give you years of loyal service.